Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Vamos al Estadio


My search for an awesome Argentine football jersey last fall accidentally led to me the bandwagon! Lanus won its first ever regular-season title this month! (Click here for the team's Web site and some of the photo highlights. You might want to turn down the volume for when the announcer shouts "Gooooooooool.")

They clinched the Apertura with a 1-1 tie against Boca Juniors, making it that much sweeter. (I really hated Boca when I lived in Santiago a few years ago -- they're the Argentine equivalent of the New York Yankees or Dallas Cowboys -- though their home stadium is "La Bombonera," or "chocolate box," which I think is one of the coolest things in the whole world.) Go Lanus!

Thanks to Pablo, wherever you are, for the post's title.

No comments: