Sunday, December 16, 2007

I Need All the Friends I Can Get



Two funny notes from a day of errands yesterday:

1. While buying a new cell phone (see top), a Verizon employee transferred all my data from the old one to the new one. Very helpful, but as he did so, said, "You only have fifty-five contacts. I haven't seen so few in two years." Huh? Do I really have so few friends? What retail workers says this to a customer? You know, maybe I have high standards for putting your phone number into my "Contacts" list.

2. A couple hours later, at the liquor store around the corner, I went up to the cashier with a six pack of Smuttynose's Winter Warmer. (Great beer, by the way.) She says, "Look at your ears!" Well, it's tough for one to look at his own ears, but she went on to exclaim about how nice she thinks my ears are. (Decide for yourself; also at top.) And she went on for a good three minutes. It was a little awkward with my girlfriend standing right next to me -- the woman was an attractive one -- but much easier to play along with than someone questioning my social adeptness. Cashier worker, if you read this blog, maybe you can send me your cell phone number? No subtext or extra meaning to this, I just need all the numbers I can get.

Thanks to Camera Obscura for the post's title.

No comments: