Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Welcome Back, Dannon's Boysenberry Yogurt


For the first time in six months, today I had a cup of Dannon's boysenberry yogurt, which is by far my favorite flavor. I had the pleasure because my fiancee went grocery shopping last weekend at Market Basket, not the Shaw's we've been patronizing recently. For all of Shaw's strengths, it's greatest weakness might be its thin yogurt selection. Beyond the Greek yogurts it has, which I don't like, there are usually no more than two flavors of Dannon. Has it really fallen so far out of favor?

The promise of "Fruit on the Bottom" of the boysenberry flavor is misleading because it's more like fruity liquid than actual fruit (that comes with the other flavors. As unappetizing as the liquid sounds, I like it. Perhaps it's because the actual "Fruit on the Bottom" of the other flavors isn't exactly fresh fruit either. When I'm having amalgamated fruit, I want to go all the way and embrace the artificiality. There's no need to pretend what's happening here.

Luckily, I've had a fun day, so as nice as the yogurt was, it wasn't the highlight. Above is a photo of the container on my desk, after I ate it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Has it really fallen so far out of f(l)avor?