Monday, January 2, 2012

Is Carrie Brownstein The Coolest Woman There Is In 2012?


Arguing against Carrie Brownstein these days is very hard, with her combination of lead guitarist for Sleater-Kinney, music blog on NPR, co-founder and lead guitarist for Wild Flag, and co-creator and lead actress on "Portlandia." Does anyone else have the same successful string of creative endeavors? She's had quite the publicity bubble this week, with profiles in the New Yorker and the Times' Sunday magazine, which sure makes this blog post seem like quite the bandwagon jumper. But I don't mind because Brownstein deserves it. Also, once in my senior year of high school, when I wanted to practice drawing in my International Baccalaureate-required notebook, I clipped a photo of Sleater-Kinney from the "Arts and Leisure" section because I already owned one of their albums and Brownstein is so expressive when performing. That's right. Wait, this is exactly the sort of thing that "Portlandia" would lampoon.

No comments: