Thursday, April 7, 2011

Have You Heard Of This Place Called Trader Joe's?


I realize I'm somewhere between five and 10 years late in writing this, but: I love Trader Joe's. Have you heard of it? You should definitely check it out. It's essentially noshing heaven, with rows of great snack food. I've yet to make it to anything more substantial -- pasta, meat, cheese, produce or frozen dinners -- but why bother when there are these snacks on hand? I could probably spend the next two years working my way through all of the options. In fact, I've been stuck on the dark chocolate peanut butter cups for the past three months.

It's baffling why they don't open a store in a more central location in Cambridge. The two stores are now on Memorial Drive and Fresh Pond Parkway, only accessible by car (or bike). If Trader Joe's took one of the empty storefronts in Central Square, they'd do knockout business. The line would be out the door.

Check the place out and thank me later.

No comments: