Friday, December 18, 2009

Two Years Running

This blog's two-year anniversary passed unnoticed earlier in this month, in the midst of finals, but I'll briefly recognize it by writing how surprised I am this is still going. Blogging is surprisingly fun, and I sure needed an outlet when I started it. In fact, I think my mid-conversation rants have shrunk considerably. Most fun (and embarrassing) is when my friends admit they actually read it, though I don't think one needs more than two hands to tally my base of regular readers.

Really, it's nice to have an outlet for twirling words, something that always deserves more practice and should never be ignored. Consider it my little homage to writers such as Messrs. Angell and R.W. Apple Jr. Also in honor of Apple, the prodigious, prolific and portly former Times reporter, whose collected articles on food I'm reading, I indulgently ordered an appetizer with my pho this afternoon, on my annual holiday trip to Pho Pasteur (or Le's). Heading to the gym shortly after may have been a mistake.

No comments: