Sunday, January 18, 2009

An Ode To Kozy Shack's Rice Pudding


I can't believe it's taken me this long to discover rice pudding. It's sweet, creamy and wonderful, but then, at the same time, it's rice, so it's not exactly dessert. "11 a.m., feeling kind of hungry. Hmm, rice pudding? Rice pudding!" I would never have this thought about cookies or ice cream.

Thank you, Kozy Shack (Mets sponsor!?), for selling this in six-pack form. My apartment goes through about one per week. They're sold in a perfect size: small yet filling and, for my obsessive-compulsive side, they lend themselves well to methodical, controlled spoonfuls, something that's harder to achieve with the size of, say, a Dannon yogurt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rice pudding, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and anything about the President (read: Chicago native) mentioned so close together can only lead to Jeff Garlin's underwhelming, but charming, 2007 movie "I Want Someone to Eat Cheese With". Check it out when you're in the mood for nothing in particular.