Monday, October 13, 2008

Thank You, Jeni's Ice Cream


With each passing year, I eat less ice cream. Flavors such as chocolate chip cookie dough and mint chocolate chip are nice, but familiar. I'm no longer that excited about eating ice cream, which is perhaps heretical in a city that has lots and lots of ice cream shoppes. Jeni's Ice Creams' cider and five spice sorbet changes that. It faithfully tastes like cider, but in a subtle, not saccharine, way that's like nothing frozen I've had before. I've taken spoon to pint over and over in a way I haven't in years with ice cream. The sweet corn and blackberry and raspberry sorbet are also very good.

So thanks to Jeni's -- of Columbus, a vastly underrated city -- and if it ever needs an "average customer as a spokesman," I'm more than willing. And thanks to the two people who got the six pints (!) of it for my birthday, though, thankfully, they don't read this blog.

No comments: